An organizational collection of irrational nonsense (previously known as the“Venn diagram of irrational nonsense”) v. 5.0. A complete list of irrational bullshit.
I really liked this diagram when I first saw it. It lists almost all the irrational bullshit in one visual – in five main categories and their intersections.
The five main categories of nonsense are:
- Religion (of course the diagram can’t list all the religions in the world, but this is not necessary)
- Quackery (acupuncture, homeopathy, etc.)
- Conspiracy theories (moon landing hoax, 9/11 conspiracies, etc.)
- Paranormal (UFOs, ghosts, etc.)
- Pseudoscience (astrology, perpetual motion, chiropractic, reflexology, etc.)
Scientology, naturally, is at the intersection of all the five main nonsense categories.
A forum discussion about the diagram can be found on the Skeptic forum (link). It’s a bit old, though.
The periodic table of irrational nonsense
Thanks to Quora, today I learned that there’s also a “periodic table of irrational nonsense”. I liked it too.
You can see the periodic table’s interactive version here.
The “Venn diagram” is more complete, though – but it’s normal, considering Jago created it years later than the periodic table.
- Tom Waits – All The World Is Green (From The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) - May 5, 2020
- Nicolas Reyes of Gipsy Kings sings “Gitana Gitana” (2017 video) - April 26, 2020
- Lhasa de Sela – I’m Going In - April 23, 2020